Sunday, January 7, 2018

January 2018,,, The beginning of a new year

So far this year has been pretty good...   of course it's only January 7th.... but one week down and 51 weeks to go!  lol

I've been working on Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt...   have I ever mentioned that I hate mystery quilts???  Well this one confirms that....  I just don't like piles of pieces that I have no clue what they will become....  its BH so it involves scraps...which is ok... but in involves LOTS of little pieces... and LOTS of parts..  This mystery has now been revealed and is called Ringo Lake....  not at my house... I'm doing Ringo Pond....   I don't have time to make 200 flying geese of one color set and then another set of 200 FG of a second color set....   so I just cut it all in half....   it will still be a nice throw size quilt... and that's the size I prefer....   I am in the middle of finishing up Clue 8... putting the blocks together... I have to add one more row to my 25 blocks...   then Clue nine which is more cutting and piecing..........   I think there are only 9 clues....     Clue 4 was a bit tricky....  I had a "run-in" with my rotary cutter....I'm down to small bandages now.. but it still can't go without protection...twice yesterday I pinned a block to my bandage  lol


On the knitting side of things I've restarted my 2016 Project Peace Cowl...   it had one row on it...(guess I wasn't very peaceful in december of 2016)   now it has 4 rows...  the rows are over 300 stitches and take me about 30 minutes to do the pattern stitch...  they are a 4 row set and there are 20 sets total...  my goal is to do one set minimum per week...........

I also tried dyeing a sock blank with koolaid...   its pretty neat...  the first one I did was by sprinkling the koolaid on to the wet sock blank....  that got a little weird but now that its dry it looks kinda neat...  the other one I dissovled the koolaid in a bit of water... maybe two ounces....and painted it onto the sock blank...  that got kinda bold...and I think I might like it....  we'll see when I start to knit them up.  Sock blanks are 9x33 knit pieces.... and you can knit right from the blank without having to roll it into a ball first........   we'll see how that works...........i'll get some pics posted here at some point of what it looks like before I start knitting on it..........

So that's where it is right now...   i'm working on UFO lists...   I finished up 26 total quilting last year...  empty binding bucket...so I don't have too many left to go for this year..........  I finished up two knit ufo's... and have about 4 or 5 started that need finishing or undoing...........

Keep it safe..............

Lish

No comments: