Sunday, July 26, 2009

A wonderfully scrappy week

The hubster was gone all week. Now that should mean that I got lots and lots of stuff done...uh huh........well I had errands to run and things to do and places to go ....so I got some stuff done... but not as much as I would have hoped......

On the scrap front I did two more palm tree blocks... I think that's all of those that I need....... I did 4 more beach houses.... a bank, a sewing shop, a candy shop and a balloon store...... I have quite an eclectic scrap bag! I also did 3 Snap Happy Bags......

I also used mostly scraps for the Bad Sue Mini for my swap....... all but the back and borders were from the scrap bag....

I have a new perspective on these scraps.........I'm simply amazed at what I can do with these small pieces of fabric....... I'm pretty sure that once I'm done with the crazy bird quilt and the beach quilt that I'll have enough in the bag for at least two more tops...... Ive been putting the tiny scraps that are left over into bags.... now I"m not one of those people who does the crumb quilts.....so when I get thru this bag of scraps... I'll donate the bags of itty bitty scraps to someone who does do them.......

I'll have pictures of this weeks other projects up on flickr in a litte bit..... I did 2 mug aprons from full fat quarters this week......you'll find the Bad Sue mini over there as well

Have a wonderful week

Lish




No comments: